Massage Therapy as a career:
~Did you know massage therapy was a $12.1 billion industry in the country in 2015?2
~Massage therapy is projected to be a $6 to $11 billion a year industry.1
~It is estimated that there are 300,000 to 350,000 massage therapists and massage school students in the United States. 2
~From 2011 to 2015, revenue from alternative health care providers, which includes massage therapists, increased by 14 percent, and employment increased 19 percent. Revenue growth is projected to continue at an average rate of 3.6 percent per year through 2020.3
~Between July 2014 and July 2015, roughly 39.1 million adult Americans (18 percent) had a massage at least once.4
The Benefits of becoming a Massage Therapist:
- Make a Difference in someone’s life: If you have a passion for helping others, this is a great career for you. Each massage can show you miracles of healing and the power of touch. This is the most rewarding part of this profession.
- Flexible schedule: The hours you choose to work are up to you! Maybe you want to work full time or it might be a part time gig bringing in extra cash while you raise a family or go to school, this could work too. The schedule is very flexible.
- Connection: There is a clear boundary with massage. You are the healing facilitator and your client is trusting you to guide them to a healthier being. This takes tremendous energy on your part, and integrity, honesty, respect, honor, love & compassion. There is no healthier relationship than this. Together you will experience laughter, ah ha moments for both of you, amazement, and mutual respect & gratitude. Ask a Massage Therapist to describe the relationships they have with 2 of their most profound clients and you will see deep appreciation.
- Be your own Boss: tired of following the orders, commands, whims of others? Become self-employed! You make the rules! This level of freedom is another reason this profession is quickly becoming a top choice for many who change careers.
- Increase your finances easily and rapidly: Once you become a licensed massage therapist, hang your shingle and get to work! There is never a short demand for massage therapists, we are always busy! The average massage therapist makes $50,000 annually in our area.
Note: facts are provided by the American Massage Therapy Association.